Bland County Sheriff Tom Roseberry has appointed one of his deputies, Jason Ramsey, to take over as sheriff on July 1. Ramsey is running unopposed in the November election to become the county’s top law enforcement officer.
Roseberry announced earlier this year that he would not seek a second term.
Like the race for sheriff, other local races will not be complicated with candidates in only one race facing opposition.
Here is a list of candidates running for office:
Board of Supervisors:
• District 1 (Sharon District): Incumbent Republican K. Adam Kidd is running unopposed.
• District 3 (Mechanicsburg): The busiest race with two Independent candidates challenging incumbent Randy L. Johnson, also an Independent. The challengers are H.T. “Tom” Blankenship and Orville Duane DeHart.
School Board: School Board races are nonpartisan.
• District 1 (Sharon District): Philip Jordan Buttery is running unopposed for the seat currently held by Bill Crabtree, who is not seeking re-election.
• District 3 (Mechanicsburg): Incumbent Duane T. Bailey is seeking re-election.
• Commonwealth’s Attorney: Republican candidate Patrick White is running opposed.
• Sheriff: Independent Jason Ramsey is running unopposed.
• Commissioner of the Revenue: Incumbent Cindy U. Wright, an independent, is running unopposed.
• Treasurer: Independent incumbent John F. Goins is running unopposed.
Soil and Water
• Soil and Water Conservation Director Big Walker District – The two independent candidates are Gary G. Johnson and W. Laymond Barger.